Pages

Sunday, March 8, 2020

My Amazing trip to goat island

                 Goat Island
Image result for goat island pictures

On Monday morning I got up at 6: 00 am for a once in a lifetime trip.
I was so excited to go snorkelling, I was so excited to go with my class.
When I arrived at school it was 7: 36 am and the bus left at 8: 00 am.
When the bus came we had a delay because there was a problem
with the bus door.
When we left it was about 8: 30 am. 


It took us about an  hour and a half to get to the marine reserve.
We got there at about 10: 15 am.

When we got there we met a polite guy called Frazer who was our supervisor on land.
We also met Sophie, Ava and Chris. We split into two groups.


 There was one group that got to go snorkeling first and the other had to stay with Frazer,
on land. I was in Frazers group, and they told us that nature was one of their most precious t
hings at the marine reserve, which was kind of obvious. He gave us some binoculars so we
could see the water and the nature around us. Some of the things we saw were….. Kina,
snapper, goatfish, seaweed and sting/eagle ray.




Next frazer gave us some paper that showed what we might see underwater, that’s when
the first group came back and we had lunch together. I finally got to have the fun of my life
SNORKELLING! First we had to put on our wetsuits and get our snorkelling gear.


 When we arrived at the beach sofie showed us some ok hand signals and some emergency
signals, that's when she said slowly walk back backwards into the water. When I was in 
the water it was already waist high even though the tide was going out. We had to use
a boogie board just for safety though, the wetsuit helps you stay above the water, when
I put my head under water I could see everything clearly even from afar. Unfortunately
we didn't get as much time as group one, which was kind of sad . When we were going back
to shore I saw a goat fish right below me was a BIG juicy snapper. The snapper had some
shiny blue dots on its scales that shone like diamonds I took off my mask and swam down to
take a closer look, but the wetsuit was obviously
 keeping me up. 


When we got to the surface I saw another bunch of kids ready to go snorkeling
. We got changed and got ready to go. When we headed back for school my friend
Laurence started to sing a lot of songs. Taniela told my friend and I  to shut up,
while a lot of people were sleeping. It was actually My second time going over the harbour
bridge which was kind of an experience. When we were on the bus me and my friends
were playing human icon


‘’ Human icon is a game where someone says a word and we have to think of a song t
hat has that word (e.g) If i say engineer  I can do any song that has the word engineer.
When we got to school it was 4:35 pm when I got home I went straight to bed. 


SUMMARY
I would like to go again because
Next year I won't have another trip like that again
Well, at least I get to go camp and a lot of tournaments 
But I definitely will not forget  how much fun I had before
And that is the end of my goat island writing trip.


What was special for you? Going to goat island.


WHat was exciting for you? snorkeling.


What were you nervous about? snorkeling.
  
What was new for you? snorkeling.


What was expected from you? I thought we were going to be on goat island.
But we were on the marine reserve next to the island.



No comments:

Post a Comment