Pages

Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Mindfulness place

Today in class we finished off our mindfulness place art/pastel out lining. Firstly what I did was I wrote what I could hear, feel and smelled in our mindfulness place( it could be anywhere). My mindfulness place is in the forest with mountains behind me. Secondly you trace or draw your mindfulness place on a big piece of paper. I had to make it very big so anyone can see it properly. Thirdly when I was done I traced around my drawing with a pastel but only one colour. Once finished I coloured in the picture with some dye. Fourthly I took a picture of my self and stuck it on my paper. I then put it in a place to dry.  My teacher printed out my mindfulness place writing. I lastly got a black piece of paper( that my art work can fit on) and stuck both my work together.

See Mindfulness place#2 for my picture  on my next blog.

Q: Where is your mindfulness place?
My mindfulness place is where I can get to think outside the box, having a soothingly undisturbed time, hear what I hear, smell, feel, see, and understand what my feelings are. In my mindfulness place I can hear birds chirping above my head, trying to gossip to other creatures in the forest. Standing quietly I can hear the run of smooth wind wiping a small frown off my face. I can make out the sound of my breathing going in and out soothingly. It feels worrying to hear my breathing because usually it means I'm stressed. I unexpectedly hear an alarmingly loud BANG! The bang sounds like a herd of buffalos running down a hill, from a pack of Hyenas. Lastly, I hear it all stop and peacefully go back to the peaceful forest it used to be. I said to myself, this is what I feel in my mindfulness place. I can feel the enjoyable, cosy breeze of wind wipe a frown off of my face. I feel my hair soothingly blowing my hair around, like a rollercoaster going up down , up down. I enjoy the feel of my feet touching the soothingly soft grass below my feet. I can lastly feel my body is all relaxing like a chair that has never been used. In my meditation place I can smell cow pats from a distance. I then smell the fresh air circling my surrounding like a tornado. I accidentally smell my own CHEESE breath drifting around, my face like a raft in the sea. I can lastly smell the tree stump that is creating a new life. I can smell this because I am focused. I become one with the forest. In my meditation place I can see clouds moving as slow as a 123 year old snail. As I look up, I can see birds flying around, as if they are trying to stamp or trying to play tag like school children. My eyes unexpectedly look at my feet. I then look at the cow patty stuck in between my toes. I lastly look at my reflection at the nearby pond. As I gaze upon my reflection I relax and fall into a deep sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment