Pages

Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Waitangi Day Questions

 What if I were… - February 6 1840




If I were Henry Williams, James Busby or Williams Hobson?


Five Important people in the History of the Treaty of waitangi.

  1. Hone Heke Pokai.

  2. James Busby.

  3. William Hobson.

  4. Henry Williams

  5. Bishop Pampalia.


Question I would ask about Hone Heke Pokai, Bishop

Pamplia and Henry Williams.(People from the Treaty of Waitangi)


  1. Bishop pampalia- I would ask Bishop Pampalia if he thought that what the, British crown was doing was right(Building an empire colonising other countries land)

  2. Bishop-  I would also ask if his goal was to get the Maori people to be catholic.

  3. Bishop- I would ask him if he thought  the signing of the Treaty was right or wrong.

  4. Why did Bishop Pampalia preach to the moari.-He wanted freedom of religion( So the maori can choose any religion.) 

  5. If Bishop Pampalia could, would he stop what the British crown was doing?


Hone Heke

  1. Did Hone Heke really think that the Britain crown was going to keep the promise even after signing the treaty?

  2. If Hone Heke knew that the Britain crown was only trying to take control of New Zealand would he have prevented this from happening?

  3. Why did Hone Heke think that the British could keep the promise even when the Te reo part, of the Treaty was  translated by a non Maori speaker?

  4. Why did Bishop Pampalia not try to prevent this from happening, was it because he thought that the Maori, should live under the protection of the British Crown?

  5. Lastly If I was Hone Heke I would ask myself ‘’Did I do the right thing?



Henry Williams


  1. Why was I tasked to translate a language I barely know.

  2. Should I have been fair to the Maori and translated the Te Reo part of the Treaty Properly?

  3. Should the British Crown really have an Empire?

  4. Why did Britain break their promise? What was the point of having a treaty?

  5. Would the Britain crown really protect New Zealand from other Countries, If so how?
























No comments:

Post a Comment