Pages

Sunday, November 29, 2020

Emirates visit.

 


Emirates trip.


On Wednesday year 8-5 had a chance to visit the america World Cup(WC) we created and learned many different things. Here is my activity.


“GET UP! WERE GOING TO BE LATE!!” my sister anxiously yelled because today we were visiting the Emirates Team New Zealand (ETNZ) Headquarters on the Auckland Viaduct.


I took my time getting out of my bed. I looked at her as if I didn't care but inside my heart was beating and I was getting angry at myself for waking up late, because I thought that this would be a good experience for me. Why? Because we would see different things that we have not seen before like, a colour coded robot that you can control . I got changed and my mum took us to get our lunch. 


We arrived at pak n save. My mum and my sister went in. They took about 18 min before finally coming out.  We got to school at 8:00 I thought the bus had gone but it turns out that the bus will arrive quarter past 8(8:15). I was getting angry(again) because it was already quarter to 9(8:45). I realised that we were separated into groups. Group A and Group B. When the Bus arrived we were split Group B went in one bus and Group A did the same.


On our way to our destination the bus driver played a lot of our favorite songs. His name was Garry. We arrived at the city  but we had to walk about 20 min to our destination. We met our tour guides. Group B (my group) were the first group to get a chance to go into the generation room. My group got a chance to control and do coding with these robots. My group also got a chance to race around a cardboard race course of the America world cup. Next it was morning tea after about 15 min. Before we moved on we were split into groups. My group's name was trixy because we trick people. 


Our tour guide had to sign in before letting us in. We were let in and as I stepped in I was amazed I was seeing the temperature in Rangitoto and how fast the wind was going, through the walls. What was really amazing was when we walked past the walls the wind cleared and moved around. We did many more activities like making a boat and seeing how fast it can go, and playing a game which gives you a vision of the real race course and you can actually control the boats. Once we finished all 7 activities we were let outside to get ready to go back to school. When we arrived at school I was just thoughtfully remembering all the things I did. My favourite part was when I felt like a real air bender and felt how free I was. My least favourite thing was controlling the robots because I always got frustrated when it wouldn't follow my command.


I would like to go back and experience more and learn how to make things in the future.



Here is a picture of my boat.










No comments:

Post a Comment